Jacksonville.com

Dan and Judy's Kitchen

Friday, March 9, 2007

There's always something

Note from Dan: You may have noticed there haven't been any pictures lately. The home computer is on the fritz. Hopefully we'll be up and running again after the weekend.

When the gas was installed, part of the gas guys' job was to change out the natural gas nozzles to lp gas. I was very excited to see the gas burners light. At least I was glad to see three out of four of them light. The main burner didn't work properly. KitchenAid calls it a Tri-Tier burner. It simmers but also can be turned on high to provide the most heat of the four burners. Of course, this is the one that did not work.

The gas guys couldn't figure out what was wrong, so I was left on my own to find someone who could figure it out. Well, the people we bought the appliances from couldn't have been better. They contacted KitchenAid and send out a guy to handle the job at no charge to us.

He arrived on time and I felt I'd have 4 burners in no time. That was until he said he had never seen my stove before. He'd have to call KitchenAid. Maybe I am a rube, but this kind of thing amazes me — the stove guy calls a KitchenAid technical assistance guy (using a super secret number not available to ordinary folk) and over the phone the KitchenAid guy walks the stove guy through the repair. It was no biggie. The Tri-Teir burner has two nozzles and they were switched.

So on Thursday, I made my first real meal (Tuesday's pasta doesn't count — that was just boiling water). I decided to go with an old favorite so that the recipe wouldn't be a problem. I roasted a chicken and served whipped potatoes and sauteed asparagus. The meal came out great.

Thankfully I didn't need to read four pages of instructions to turn on the oven. Just "Bake" punch the numbers 4-0-0 (for 400 degrees) and "Start." Oh, the oven has all sorts of features I haven't sat down to figure out yet. (I have a month of manuals to read after this project). But as I said at the beginning, my reading will have to wait until next week. I've got a sick computer to make well this weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynne said...

I guess the computer is still mortally ill? I'm really looking forward to seeing the completion of your new kitchen!

March 17, 2007 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger Dan Macdonald said...

There will be pictures up in the next day or so. Computer woes continue, but I can bring the camera to the office and ask the photo guys for some help.

March 19, 2007 at 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

sponsored links